Get creative and follow our easy steps to make this gorgeous felt cushion with 3D flowers, choosing a punchy shade for a designer feel.
What you’ll need
• Mellow Yellow wool felt, £11.50 per m, Sew Inspiring
• Circular objects to draw around, about 5cm in diameter
• Sewing machine and thread
• 40cm x 40cm cushion pad, £2.49, Dunelm
1. Draw five circles onto the felt using the round objects (a tumbler is ideal). Cut out. Take one circle and fold in half to form a petal. Hand stitch from the middle of the fold to the curve’s edge, then oversew the edges, following the curve a third of the way. Repeat to make four more petals. Repeat to make a set of five petals slightly bigger and one set slightly smaller.
2. Take the first set of five petals and stitch together to form a flower. Add a small circle of
felt to the flower’s centre to conceal your stitches. Repeat to make the other two flowers.
3. Cut a front piece of felt 42cm x 42cm and two 42cm x 28cm pieces for the back. Pin the three flowers at one corner of the front and hand stitch in place. With right side facing up, pin the back pieces over the front so they overlap. Machine stitch the four edges together. Turn the cushion cover right way and add the pad.
Read more →